/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



At 11:17 AM 7/1/99 -0700, David A. Ranch wrote:
>
>>As emacs is coming up I
>>get Xlib error messages (presumably sent to stderr) indicating sequence
>>errors on the xterm window. These error messages come at different times
>>(I've tried this a few times) and sometimes they don't display at all.
>>Usally emacs comes up and will take mouse input but not keyboard input.
>>Sometimes it doesn't come up at all. When I go back to the previous
>>kernel, without VPN, it works fine like it always used to.
>
>
>Which VPN are you running?  PPTP, IPSEC, SSH tunnels?
>

I have the following networking options enabled in the kernel
        MS PPTP masq support
        MS PPTP Call ID masq support
        MS PPTP masq debugging
        MS PPTP masq verbose debugging
        IPSEC ESP & ISAKMP masq support
        IPSEC masq table lifetime (minutes) is 30
        
the following are disabled
        Disable inbound ESP destination guessing
        IPSEC masq debugging

1. At the point this error occurred I did not have a VPN connection
established. 
2. Although I compiled IPSEC into the kernel, I doubt if I will ever use it. 
3. I think SSH uses normal IP protocol and doesn't need any kernel
modifications.

When I sent the original email I could move back and forth between kernels
and get the problem to reappear everytime I ran the newer kernel. I put
that kernel aside but needed VPN a few days later so I rebooted into it.
For the heck of it I tried an emacs session (not while VPN connected) and
got no errors. I have had no errors since then!?

-Craig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Craig Mautner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Dept of Computer Science and Eng
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0114 USA
(858)539-0548 fax:(858)539-0549
http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/~cmautner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to