/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I thought I heard a "Curt McNamee" say:
>
> Hello, I am trying to recompile my kernel and I can "make config" and "make
> dep" it and then when I make zImage, I get the following error:
Just a quick note... the masq list should be used for masq-related topics
only. There are other lists and resources for general Linux support.
That aside, I have seen mention of this sort of error being a conflict
between certain gcc distributions and certain kernel versions... you may
wish to make sure you're using the most current gcc for your linux
distribution. I'm not certain of the details, but I think it was in the
gcc faq last time I looked.
Also, while I have people's attention, if you want to get a large file out
to everyone on the list, please put it on a web page somewhere and post
the url, rather than posting it to the list. This, along with avoiding
excessive quoting of previous messages, will make the digest much more
usable.
We have just over 300 realtime and just over 500 digest subscribers, so
before you post, think about whether all 800-900 subscribers will want to
read your post, and whether this is the appropriate forum for your
inquiry. Make sure you've done a little bit of your homework first,
including reading applicable faqs and searching the mailing list archives.
You stand a better chance of getting answers to mailing list posts if you
post to the appropriate mailing list, if your question isn't in the
appropriate FAQ or HOWTO, and if you provide useful information about your
environment.
And for those of you who are on masq and masq-dev, please remember that
masq-dev is for developers topics only. You should never post
general configuration issues to masq-dev... that's what the main masq list
is here for (after reading faqs and howtos and mailing list archives).
Thanks,
Rob
masq mailing lists manager
--
Robert Novak, Indyramp Consulting * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * indyramp.com/~rnovak
"You can't always go by the manuals." -- The Doctor
"It's wanting that keeps us alive." -- Paola Franco
No lemons were harmed in the composition or transmission of this email message.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/