/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



I need to know if its possible to forward ports to _internal_ host from
_internal_ clients.

RH 5.2 - Kernel 2.2.9 - IPCHAINS 1.3.9 - IPMASQADM 0.4.2 - TR0 and TR1 (or
TR0 and TR0:1)

I'm simply trying, with two token ring cards, to forward a port from one
machines to another on the same ring.

I'm having trouble MASQing packets across the same subnet (167.16.1.x/24).
When I put the IPCHAINS line in I have no idea what interface its going to.
If I put in the following in chains:

        [root@linux01 /root]# ipchains -L
        Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
        Chain forward (policy DENY):
        target     prot opt     source                destination           ports
        MASQ       tcp  ------  167.16.1.0/24        anywhere              any ->
any
        MASQ       tcp  ------  anywhere             167.16.1.0/24         any ->
any
        Chain output (policy ACCEPT):

I still don'e know what interface it is on.  When I do a ipchains -L -v it
show on any interface.  But if I specify one...  will is MASQ it over two
NIC on the same subnet?  What command would this be?

Once this is accomplished, I want to forward telnet to another machine:

machine 1 (167.16.1.219) ------- machine 2 (chains) (167.16.1.30/31) -------
machine 3 (167.16.1.11)

I want telnet sessions pointed at machine 2 to be forwarded to machine 3.

Does ANYONE have any ideas?  I have also explored using virtual interfaces
(aliases) with no success.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.




_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to