Please excuse the cross-post, but my question spans all four areas;
networking, VPN's, and sysadmin & VMS.

I know the standard Digital (now Compaq) position is that their local
network protocols are not supported over WAN's.  In the past, I have
been successful at bridging DEC LAN protocols with hardware bridges on
dedicated, point to point circuits.  Granted performance was poor at
times and occasionally flakey.

I have another situation, without the benefit of dedicated circuits,
where I need to bridge two DEC environments (running 5.5-2 without IP
and CMU/IP isn't an option) over an IP network.  This is a temporary
situation, so the cost of dedicated circuits just won't work here.

Has anyone been successful at this taboo setup and if so, can you point
me to FAQ's, LDP's, and most importantly, the necessary code to enable
my Linux systems on each end of the IP network to bridge the DEC
protocols to basically create a VPN?  I don't care about encryption,
compression would be great as long as latency isn't increased.

A big TIA!!!

Barry Treahy



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. 

Reply via email to