I'm currently running RH 5.2 with kernel 2.2.9, and am having alot of
trouble with icq on my windows machine. I downloaded the ip_masq_icq
module for the 2.2 kernel from http://members.tripod.com/~djsf/masq-icq/
and now have it running, but it seems to have made no difference to my
icq. I have always been able to send and receive messages to people
(sometimes having to send through server), but I couldnt, and still cant
do ANYTHING to do with the icq server itself. For instance, I have a
mile long authorisation list, because it seems that my requests arent
getting to the other end, I cant change any of my details, and I cant
search for users using the icq search engine. My firewall is very
simple.

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo "1" . /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr
ipchains -M -S 7200 10 60
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -s 10.0.0.0/24 -j MASQ
ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 2000 4000 -h 10.0.0.199
(that last entry, a last ditched attempt to try and allow icq server
ports.)

my list of modules...
[root@ /sbin]# ./lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ip_masq_icq             6840   1 
ip_masq_user            2236   0  (unused)
ip_masq_quake           1008   0  (unused)
ip_masq_irc             1324   1 
ip_masq_raudio          2624   0  (unused)
ip_masq_ftp             2096   0  (unused)
unix                   10080  43  (autoclean)
says its being used... but still I cant seem to connect to the icq
server...
can anyone help?
cheers
-- 
Jeff Mills

"The Operator"
P&O Cold Storage Ltd

Hammer: The problem solver.
The bigger the problem, the bigger the hammer.


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to