Marcel,
Thanks for your reply. It seems that I do not understand routing. I
apologize to the list if this is not a firewall problem, but it still may
be.
I am now one step ahead, as I have added:
route add -net 10.0.2.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.0.1.254
to my linux box.
The result is encouraging: From the Linux console I can ping anywhere, and
my home router dials the remote only when necessary. So now the routing
tables should be OK.
However this is what I can see from the HOME CISCO:
ping 10.0.1.221 (my linux eth2) ---> OK
ping 10.0.0.221 (my linux eth1) ---> My home cisco dials the remote and
looks for it there, and it fails.
ping 24.xx.xx.1 (my cable gateway) ---> same as above
FROM my REMOTE CISCO:
ping 10.0.1.221 ---> OK
ping 10.0.0.221 ---> Nothing !!! Nothing appears on TCPDUMP of eth2.
Is this a firewall problem? I have a reject policy, so I should get
something back. or a routing problem? Where does it go?
ping 24.xx.xx.1 ---> same as above
Here are my routing tables:
LINUX
[illing@ns1 illing]$ /sbin/route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use
Iface
10.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 1 eth1
10.0.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth2
10.0.2.0 10.0.1.254 255.255.255.0 UG 0 0 0 eth2
24.112.64.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.254.0 U 0 0 4 eth0
127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 1 lo
0.0.0.0 24.112.64.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 32 eth0
[illing@ns1 illing]$
HOME CISCO
home> sh ip ro all
Profile Type Destination Bits Gateway Prop Cost Source
Age
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
pal NET 10.0.2.0 24 10.0.2.254 OFF 1 STATIC 0
LAN NET 10.0.1.0 24 DIRECT ON 1 DIRECT 0
pal NET 0.0.0.0 0 10.0.1.221 OFF 1 STATIC 0
home>
Note: I added the last route after readiing your suggestions, but it does
not seem to have any effect.
No matter what I ping, it always seems to dial up and link to my remote
cisco.
REMOTE CISCO
pal> sh ip ro all
Profile Type Destination Bits Gateway Prop Cost Source
Age
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
LAN NET 10.0.1.0 24 DIRECT ON 1 DIRECT 0
home NET 0.0.0.0 0 10.0.1.221 OFF 1 STATIC
0
pal>
Note: Gateway 10.0.1.221 or 254 seem to behave in the same way.
Thanks for your help.
Paolo Illing
PAGA Software Inc.
21 Abilene Drive, Toronto, ON M9A 2M7
Tel: +1 (416) 232 0711
http://www.paga.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message -----
From: Marcell L. Toth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 1999 4:53 AM
Subject: Correction to Re: [Masq] Over my head... plse help...
> Sorry I've not been correct by the routing tips:
> On the linux, 10.0.0.0/24 should be routed to eth1, 10.0.1.0/24 to eth2,
> 10.0.2.0/24 via gateway 10.0.1.254 (cisco home) and 0.0.0.0/0 via the
> gateway on eth0 on the cable system.
>
> TmL
>
>
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]