Well, I found your problem amazing, so I decided to make a scetch of
everything you told there, and also drawn the successful packets and the
failed ones.
I think the only biog problem is about your Cisco systems. As I could see,
both ciscos are forwarding 0.0.0.0/0 to each other. A problem coud be that
your home cisco really does not know where 0.0.0.0 is. All it does is
forwarding everything to the pal cisco, EXCEPT the packets to your linux
box, because that one is set to be its router. It seems like if it did not
know that there are any hosts beyond your linux box.
This would be the cause of the following problems (described by you):
- Win98 not pinging home cisco (Cisco sees 10.0.0.223 in source address,
which is NOT your linux box so it routes to the other cisco, if routing
anywhere)
- Home Cisco not seeing Internet (INet addresses are NOT your linux box,
so it routes to the other cisco if routing anywhere)
- WinNT box Internet pings not arriving to eth2 (cause destination address
is not your linux box, Cisco does not route it to it)
The only interesting problem is when you ping your Linux from the NT. In
that case, the ping packet arrives to your home cisco. It founds linux as
the destination address so it really sends it to eth2 of your linux box.
That is what tcpdump shows. However I don't know why linux does not
reply... as the reply should just be sent back to the cisco which woudl
forward it back to the WinNT.
I'd say: correct the routing table of the Cisco, it is wrong. Cisco760 home
router should route 10.0.2.0/24 to the Cisco Pal, 0.0.0.0./0 to 10.0.1.221
your linux box. Cisco (PAL) should route 0.0.0.0/0 to Cisco (home).
And, check the route table of the linux, cause I think that is the problem,
thats why it does not send back ping replies to the WinNT box. It should
route 10.0.0.0/24 to eth1, 10.0.1.0/24 to eth2, 10.0.2.0/24 to eth2 and
finally 0.0.0.0/0 to eth0.
TmL
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]