>1. Client internet access stops
>2. From the 486 console I ping an outside ip (using dns name)
>3. The first ping does not resolve the ip address 
>4. I kill it, then ping again, this ping however DOES resolve the ip
>5. Client machines begin to work again.

What happens if you try to ping a IP address and not a name?


>I have also tried accessing the internet using lynx from the 486 and this
>seems to solve the problem as well.  So I believe that pretty much any
>internet access from the 486 will re enable ip masq.

Is your Linux box acting as a DNS or Caching DNS server?  What are your
MASQ'ed clients using as their DNS servers?

--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
!----                                                                    ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to