The one you need is 003 Router, this is the DHCP equivlent of Default 
Gateway, don't ask me why microsoft called it a router... well I guess it 
makes maybe a tiny bit of sense... but definately lacks consistancey, 
anyway good luck, lemme know if that works for you.

-Josh


On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Rob Rogers wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > 
> > Your problem is based on the DHCP server.
> > 
> > I just ran into this problem myself.
> > 
> > When you use DHCP on a client, it ignores other network settings
> > (actually I don't think this is quite always the case... but for the sake
> > of argument lets say it does)
> > So all those settings you defined statically need to be defined on the
> > DHCP server as the information to pass to the client.
> > 
> > On a WinNT DHCP server you goto DHCP Options, Scope, and add the
> > appropreate things you need.
> > 
> > Let me know if that helps.
> > 
> > Josh
> 
> Ok, that sounds like it makes sense, but I didn't see anything in the
> scope options about a gateway. Can you tell me what settings you had to
> add? I currently have 006-DNS Servers, 015-Domain Name, 044-WINS/NBNS
> Servers, and 046-WINS/NBT Node Type set. I figure I'll need to add
> 005-Name Servers but I don't see anything else to tell it to use my
> Linux box as a gateway, and when I can't even ping my internet name
> server I think I must need something more.
> 
> Tim Fletcher wrote:
> > 
> > I see the problem, this appers to be a dhcp server configuration issue, is
> > it a unix based one or an NT one? If its unix could I have a look at the
> > /etc/dhcpd.conf or if its NT could you see what the config on the server
> > is and post a copy of it.
> 
> It is an NT server. The dhcp settings are:
> DNS Servers - 192.168.1.3         # The address of the NT server
> Domain Name - MyDomain
> WINS/NBNS Servers - 192.168.1.3
> WINS/NBT Node Type - 0x8=H-Type
> 
> Thanks,
> Rob Rogers
> 


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to