Hey Everyone..  (190 users on the list and counting)


Lots of good stuff in this one..

--

G       6/12/99 Removed the IPCHAINS line from the Future Featutes section.
        * Sent  [Section 3]
          Update*

*I                      Finally added the IPCHAINS strong firewall ruleset to 
                        TrinityOS! This is based off David Cittadini's port of
                        TrinityOS's IPFWADM ruleset
                        [Section 10]

I                       Updated the MASQ and non-MASQ IPFWDAM and IPCHAINS rulesets to 
                        v2.96
                        --
                        - Added blurbs and scripts in the EXTIP, EXTBROAD, and DGW 
                                variable areas that DHCP users should use "dhcpcd" with
                                the -c option to re-run the ruleset upon lease renews. 
                                It is also mentioned that both DHCP and PPP users need 
                                to get their EXTBROAD and DGW addresses dynamically.

                        - Changed the debug system to re-create the debug log each
                                time (removed one of the >'s at the top of the debug 
                                setup) 
                        --
                        [Section 10]

I                       Redhat has released a fix RH6 for killing stray processes 
                        after a user was disconnected.
                        [Section 50]

I                       More fixes to the POP-3 protocol
                        [Section 50]

N                       Moved all ChangeLog entries older  that 5/05/99 to the 
                        archive.
                        
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/TrinityOS-old-updates.wri
                        [Section 100]

------------------

N       6/6/99  Updated the firewall rulesets to v2.95 that added a /0 netmask 
                        to an already implict OUTPUT deny.   Good for consistancy 
                        though.

                        Also, there were also a few IMPUT rules that DENYed instead of 
                        REJECTed traffic for spoofed traffic, etc.  Fixed.

                        I also noted that the automatic $extbroad varible will only be 
                        properly set if you have a typical 255.255.255.0 netmask.  If 
                        you don't, you'll have to statically define it vs. use the 
                        automatic method.
                        Thanks to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for the sharp eye.
                        [Section 10]

------------------

I       6/4/99  Redhat has updated its kernels on 6.0 for DoS attacks.
                        [Section 50]

------------------

I       6/1/99  SSH is now at 1.2.13 and 2.0.13.  Its important to update.
                        [Section 30]

N                       There is a Y2K issue in the included "timetool" program.  Its 
                        not an issue for TrinityOS since I use Getdate but it should 
                        be noted

N                       There is a problem with the Apache module for Perl CGIs.  
                        [Section 50]

------------------

N       5/27/99 Fixed a typo in the path to the logit script
                        [Section 9]

------------------

N       5/25/99 Added Bzip2 to the URL section
                        [Section 3 - URLs]

------------------

N       5/23/99 I've been told that changing the permissions of rpm to 700
                        will break Netscape on some versions of Redhat 5.2 w. Gnome.  
                        Evidently, Netscape's binary or wrapper (not sure which yet) 
                        uses RPM to get the version number before starting up.  
                        Lovely huh?
                        [Section 7]

------------------

.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
!----                                                                    ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to