>> I have been using ipchains and MASQ for some time with no problems.
>> Recently I have moved some Web servers inside the Firewall. Im using
>> port forwarding. Everything works fine for external (internet users)
>> but local clients inside the firewall cannot access our local domain.
>> The only workaround is to reset all machines with the local ip number of
>> the web server not the FQDN name. Is there a easier workaround for
>> this??
>
> Could you use something like port redirects on the firewall, ie redirect
> all traffic from internal clients to FQDN:80 is sent to localip:80 using
> transproxing?
I'm getting a sense of deja-vu here, so perhaps someone's already
answered this .... apologies if so.
If you can't port redirect it, you can have two seperate named servers
running on the firewall - one internal, one external. Configure named.conf
to listen to specific IP addresses, and answer the queries for the FQDN
of the WWW server differently according to where they come from.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]