>Now, how do we test and connect using these available hardware? Cheapest solution is to get a Cat 5 crossover cable. A more flexible solution would be to get a hub (your iMac supports both 10baseT and 100baseT, but 10baseT is fine for a 2 node network, and will be more compatible with printers, etc.) >I have already looked at the IP-MASQ HOWTO >(http://ipmasq.cjb.net/) but they >don't really specify the physical connection. because there's so many possibilities. But ethernet is the simplest, and what 99% use on the client side. >1. iMac, johnb's 2.2.6-ip kernel, cable-modem connection through ethernet > (I assumed IP MASQ feature in this kernel is enabled) There are MASQing solution for the MacOS as well. I've used them before, but their names slip my mnd for now. In case you want to MASQ while running the native MacOS 8.x. _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
