By making TCP Connections you mean like trying to connect to the other
computer?  Like when I try to browse those computer on that network with my
win98 boxes inside the masq'd network, those do make TCP connections (or
they would if it actually worked).  The odd thing is that I had this same
setup at school except ppp0 was a network card connected to a T1 line.  The
traceroute thing worked fine then.  Any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curt McNamee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ICQ - 654042
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Faherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Curt McNamee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Masq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 4:51 PM
Subject: RE: [Masq] RE: [Masq] PPP & MASQ


>On 29-Apr-99 Curt McNamee wrote:
>
>> on my win98 box:
>> Tracing route to oliblish.cache.net [209.160.63.8]
>
>(time passes..)
>
>>  12  pfi-gw.customer.ALTER.NET [137.39.167.18]  reports: Destination net
>> unreachable.
>
>> this is a problem for my win98 boxes because I need to map network drives
to
>> computers on that remote network,and I can't do it because I can't make a
>> direct connection.  Any ideas?
>
>Well the traceroute support in IP masquerade is a wonderful thing, but my
>experience has been that it isn't 100% reliable because of the different
>methods used and the particular magic that is used to masquerade ICMP
packets.
>
>So I guess what I am saying is that making a TCP connection is not
dependent
>on whether the traceroute works since they use different mechanisms.  Have
>you tried just making TCP connections to the remote network?
>
>/* Chris Faherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, finger for PGP */
>
>




_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to