>I did not find any hints as whether it could work with samba or not. I
>have a private network with private IP numbers connected to a samba server
>which is also connected to a public IP network, and would like the win95
>boxes on the two sides of the server to see each other.
The easiest way to do this is to map your internal machines to the Samba
server. Then configure the external machines to map these new samba
shares. Beyond that, you have to do port forwarding and it gets messy
for anything more than one internal machine.
Does anyone else have tips?
>Could you write at least a little comment on htis topic in hte Masquerading
>HOWTO?
Once I get the definitive answer, will do!
--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
!---- ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]