Here's the scenario:


 


I'm on the @home cable modem network with a static IP not configured by DHCP
(hate it, @home has a big problem with DHCP and linux), they have a cascaded
25Gb caching proxy server on IP address 24.2.19.15 port 8080.  I want to
forward all http traffic on my internal masq'd lan to the proxy so each client
machine doesn't have to be configured to use @home's proxy so the linux masq
machine would take care of the cascaded server.  (By client I mean "Connet
using LAN, Connect to the internet using a proxy 24.2.19.15 on port 8080"
under IE 4.0 etc on each machine).  I should be using ipfwadm using the -F
option.  Here is the rule I'm using, my internal LAN consists of 5 machines
with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0  The linux masq machine is 192.168.0.1





Rule I'm using:  /sbin/ipfwadm -F -P tcp -a m -S 192.168.0.1/24 80 -D
24.2.19.15/32 8080


 


The problem I have is that it isn't forwarding the http requests to 24.2.19.15
like it should be.  If I configure each client machine separately it works
great (The speed advantage due to cache on 24.2.19.15 is noticable).  I have
really no idea what other rule I should be using, your advice is most
appreciated.


 


Summary of info:


Kernel:  2.0.36 w/ipautofw and ip_masq


Linux machine:  192.168.0.1


LAN gateway:  255.255.255.0


Client machines:  192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3, 192.168.0.4, 192.168.0.15,
192.168.0.16


Primary DNS:  24.2.19.15


Secondary DNS:  24.2.19.17


Caching proxy:  24.2.19.15 port 8080


IPfwadm rule in use:  /sbin/ipfwadm -F -P tcp -a m -S 192.168.0.1/24 80 -D
24.2.19.15/32 8080


 


Rules tried with no success:


/sbin/ipfwadm -F -P tcp -a m -S 192.168.0.1/24 80 -D 24.2.19.15/24 8080


/sbin/ipfwadm -F -P tcp -a m -S 192.168.0.1/24 80 -D 24.2.19.15/0 8080


/sbin/ipfwadm -I -a accept -S 192.168.0.1/24 80 -D 24.2.19.15/32 8080


 


 


Thanks for your time and help, any info will be appreciated, please note that
I've tried to get this working, did research on my own, and muddled around for
over 3 days now, I ask for your help in dispair not in laziness to try to get
it working myself.


 


Nathan Fowler


www.evilgh0st.com


[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Primary email


[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Secondary email


 







_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to