Before sending this I've ready over the ipmasq HOWTO and played with
settings for about to weeks.

Synopsis: I run a local isp and my dialup lines are unable to connect to
may sites that my local network can. I setup the squid proxy software and
it runs fine but the client also has to configure his end as well. The
transparent proxy section of the ipmasq howto stated it was possible to
create a "transparent proxy" using ipfwadm in conjunction with proxy
software already setup

The argument's im using are as follows

ipfwadm -F -p deny
ipfwadm -I -a accept -r 3128 -P tcp -S 209.31.54.0/24 -D any/0 www

Where 3128 is the port the squid proxy listens to to forward packets.

After running ipfwadm with argument all computer both local and dialup
receive a squid error when trying to access any site. Any help would be
appreciated.

Nathan Sportsman



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to