[email protected] writes:

 > I probably should have mentioned that I don't have root access on
 > my web provider.

So, now your mailing lists are archive-only?  You don't have active
mailing lists?

 > So, I probably need to do things on my local computer and upload to
 > my website via FTP. Is that still possible?

HyperKitty is an application which generates pages dynamically, not a
static website generator.  It depends on Python 3 (probably already
installed), HyperKitty itself and its dependencies (automatically
pulled in from PyPI.org by the HyperKitty installation), and an SQL
database.  You may also need a running Mailman 3 for some features,
but I think you can serve archives without a Mailman instance.

I am out of date on static archives by a couple of decades, but
MHonArc worked fine back then, though obviously without bells and
whistles that you get from modern dynamically generated sites, and I
suppose it still does.

It might also be possible to use the "Pipermail" archiving code from
Mailman 2.  It had a command to regenerate the archives from mbox
files.  But that might involve setting up the directory hierarchy, and
moving the per-list mbox files into place by hand.

If you can be more specific about what access you have to the web host
and what resources you have locally we can probably be of a little
more help.

Steve

-- 
GNU Mailman consultant (installation, migration, customization)
Sirius Open Source    https://www.siriusopensource.com/
Software systems consulting in Europe, North America, and Japan
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/NXROBX7CX5X2F5LJBCZXSR5HE75XDUKX/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to