Hi Scott, Good thoughts and no I’m not looking to go Samsung or any other android phone
The thing I like the most about the S8 is really the shape of the device, It I think sits nicely in the palm of the hand and I can see why the camera gets smudged when looking to scan the finger Didn’t know about that under powering though, From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Scott Granados Sent: Tuesday, 20 June 2017 2:54 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: new features of iPhone next gen Hi Simon, The new iPhone is projected to have some sort of facial recognition. The retinal scanning it’s been my experience does not work for a blind person. I have tried to use this in data centers instead of palm prints or facial recognition and the systems require the user to focus on a point. If you can’t see and focus on the point you’re a no go. Your mileage may vary as I do not have retinas and irises to scan. It’s more than just pointing your eyeball at a screen though if that helps. As for the S8 in general, you do not want th is phone it’s largely garbage. The finger print reader is right next to the camera so you smudge your camera continuously, the phone has had issues with crashing, it’s under powered using the Snap Dragon processors, and there’s a really bad implementation of the virtual home button. There are some interesting cellular features but over all the phone is a miss in my opinion. If you want to go android and try it out go Pixel or Pixel xl, specifically wait for fall and this years new releases of the Google Pixel line. Hope that helps. On Jun 19, 2017, at 5:17 AM, Simon Fogarty <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: Hi List, I thought I’d ask this question and see what people think, I was looking at the new Samsung Galaxy S8 today and must admit it’s a bloody nicely designed device, However it’s an android device so it will be a very big second choice if I’m to get a new phone. A couple of things I did note from it was a couple of security features, Facial scanning recognition for unlocking your phone and also iris scanning recognition for also security like unlocking your phone etc, Now what I want to know is, Will iris scanning work for a blind person? This feature on the S8 has a depth related scanning so it can’t seemingly be fooled with a photo, And in my case I still have my own eyes although they don’t work one is white with I forget what, But I wonder will this work for those of us with eyeballs? And more to the point will apple even look at these types of security features in the next version of the iPhone? Discuss! Simon F -- The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. -- The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. -- The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
