On Fri, 2 Oct 2026, Eric Biggers wrote:

> >From what I understand, the point of the keyring support in
> dm-{crypt,inlinecrypt,integrity} is:
> 
> - To support "trusted" keys.  But that is not what was actually
>   implemented in dm-inlinecrypt.
> 
> - To avoid having the key be readable with STATUSTYPE_TABLE.  But that
>   is not what was actually implemented in dm-inlinecrypt.  Keyrings are
>   also unnecesary to solve that problem.
> 
> - To cause security bugs such as https://lwn.net/Articles/1090568/ .
>   Since otherwise things aren't exciting enough, I guess.
> 
> Not sure what I'm missing.
> 
> But if you really do want to support all four key types in all three of
> these targets anyway though, then sure, the code might as well be
> shared since it would otherwise be the same code in each.
> 
> - Eric

Yes, I think that the key support in these targets should be unified.

Mikulas


Reply via email to