On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 10:42:43AM -0700, Wei Liu wrote: > Please share the Windows version from `winver`. > > My colleague said that it had been fixed. Maybe the change needs to be ported.
Windows 11 Pro, version 25H2, OS build 26200.9457, with WSL 2.9.3.0. The host CPU is an AMD Ryzen 9 7940HX. This machine is fully up to date through Windows Update, and the failure reproduces on this build, so the fix does not seem to have reached the released builds yet. Which build or channel (e.g. Insider) carries it? I am happy to test it. I have also filed it as a WSL issue, with repro steps and the SMRAM analysis: https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/41709 On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 11:19:21AM -0700, Sean Christopherson wrote: > Ya, I'd much prefer to get this fixed in Hyper-V. If we need to carry a KVM > hack, > then at the very least it should be limited to when KVM detects that it's > running > on Hyper-V. Understood, a Hyper-V fix is the right answer. Since current released builds are affected, I can send a v2 that applies the workaround only when KVM is running on Hyper-V, if you'd take that in the meantime. Otherwise I'll drop this and wait for the Hyper-V fix to ship. Thanks, Qiliang

