On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 10:49:35PM +0800, Zhan Xusheng wrote:
> Joel asked for a test for the negative read path fixed by
> 
>       
> https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email protected]
> 
> These apply on sysctl-next and depend on that fix; without it 2/2 fails,
> which is the point.
> 
> While writing the test I noticed that fix's changelog is incomplete: it
> names proc_dointvec_jiffies() and proc_dointvec_ms_jiffies(), but
> proc_dointvec_userhz_jiffies() goes through the same
> proc_int_k2u_conv_kop() and is affected too.  Measured on
> net/ipv4/neigh/default/retrans_time at CONFIG_HZ=250, unpatched:
> 
>   # echo -1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/retrans_time
>   # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/retrans_time
>   -18446742229035144246
> 
> I will correct that in the respin.
This means that you will send the V2 of the fix (not the test). Right?

> 
> Tested in qemu at CONFIG_HZ=250 with CONFIG_TEST_SYSCTL=y, and built as
> =m.  2/2 reports "not ok" without the fix and "ok" with it, and the
> pass/fail counts of the other tests are unchanged either way.
> 
> Zhan Xusheng (2):
>   sysctl: Add jiffies converter entries to the test module
>   selftests: sysctl: Check the sign of a negative jiffies read

I just tested this in my env. Works like a charm. I even rebased the fix
on top of these tests and saw that everything was fixed.

Thx!!!!

The testing code will get added to sysctl-next, but the fixes should go
into the current release. Will wait for your V2 to forward them down.

Best

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to