From: Puneeth Aditya <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2026 11:35:55 +0530
List-Id: <linux-erofs.lists.ozlabs.org>

hi everyone,

i am puneeth aditya (mugiwaraluffy56 github), an undergrad student
interested in contributing to erofs as part of GSoC 2026. i just sent my
first patch to the list today (blobchunk: fix 48-bit format detection to
use final remapped block addresses, message id
[email-masked]) and have been spending the
past week going through the erofs-utils codebase to understand how things
fit together.

i went through the roadmap at erofs.docs.kernel.org and i am particularly
interested in the multi-threaded userspace decompression work. the current
single-threaded decompression path is a real bottleneck on large images and
i think there is good scope for a structured GSoC project around it.

would love any guidance on what a good proposal would look like, and
whether there are specific parts of the decompression pipeline you would
want a GSoC contributor to focus on first.

thanks, puneeth aditya