Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
> 
>> I don't like a separate swap partition, because it's difficult to
>> resize, and the information I have is that with 2.6 kernels a swap file
>> is as fast as a separate partition, and much easier to resize.
> 
> Interesting.  I've never had to resize a swap partition.  I generally 

I have. Some day, you might.

> start a new system using a commercial distro and just let it use the 
> default size for a swap partition.  My current systems have swap size 
> the same a RAM size.
> 
> You do know that you can use both a swap partition and a swap file at 
> the same time, right?

Yes. However, if a file is as good as a partition, then I see no
need for both, or even for the partition at all.

Mike
-- 
p="p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
Oppose globalization and One World Governments like the UN.
This message made from 100% recycled bits.
You have found the bank of Larn.
I speak only for myself, and I am unanimous in that!
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/lfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to