On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Bruce Dubbs <[email protected]> wrote:
> stosss wrote:
>
>> Not needed. I just learned about bridged. It puts my VM on the same
>> network as my real machines. I know the information on that network
>> already. I just edited the necessary network config files on the VM
>> and I got connected and can ping any ip address or domain name I want.
>
> Good.
>
>> Now I just need to put some packages like wget in a cd image and
>> attach it to the CD drive in the VM and pull them into the VM so I can
>> compile and start building with the BLFS book.
>
> Too hard.  Just use the ftp client in LFS that you just built as a part
> of inetutils.

Forgot about that! I sure will be glad when I can remember more of
this whole process and have a much better understanding of what is
going on and how to trouble shoot better.
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/lfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to