Hi All,
I have been doing this bobbin things for many years and until I saw a
small collection of the wooden bobbins with just two or perhaps three
beads on the spangles in Gertrude Whitings collection, they went "over
my head".
They look lovely, they are well turned ( Probably Joseph Haskins) and in
my various conversations with those who know better than me (Quite a few
people actually!!) I am inspired to follow them up. They appear to be
made and used during the transition of from unspangled to spangled.
At the moment I only have the dozen or so from GWs collection so I am
asking of any of you collectors my have examples of these in your
collections that you would be willing to share (digitally) with me please?
Thanks again
--
Brian. (Who lives in Awabakal Country)
Cooranbong. Australia
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/