Well done, Suzette! Both samplers are beautiful!

Making a pattern your "own" with small adjustments is the first creative
act that makes the tradition richer and will, over time, develop into new
traditions! All the amazing stitches and techniques we know probably
started with a lacemaker deciding: "I think I'll do it this way instead
because, for me, it will look prettier", or "I wonder what will happen if I
do this instead..."

Good luck with the Binche samplers. I'm sure you'll get into the swing of
them quickly. Please share your progress?

Pierre
Cape Town

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 21:04, Lacy Suzette <[email protected]> wrote:

> My first color sample was the result when I failed to excavate to the
> bottom of my Tub 'O' Perle! Hundreds of balls later, I finally located
> Jane's bright colors & made another sample using a suggestion from Lorelei.
> She suggested alternating the passive colors & while it's not made "as
> drawn" by Jane, I do love the results! Photo is now posted to Flickr. There
> is plenty to learn from making this pattern twice! Now to shift gears, I am
> trying to restart one of Kumiko's Binche beginner strips from last fall.
> It's an adorable collection of falling leaves & about 40% complete. In the
> space of a few months, it feels like I have forgotten everything I learned
> in her class. Note to self:  do not stop in the middle of a Binche project!
> Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Binche Purgatory, South Florida, USA
>

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to