Another book, one I haven't seen mentioned; my apologies if it was and I missed it. I just stumbled across a book about a young Dutch lacemaker in the mid-1700's who goes to South Africa as a governess, in a Kindle edition on Amazon. (Self-published?) The Lacemaker, by Sukey Hughes. I have read only the first few chapters, but the references to bobbin lace so far are okay. She talks about a pattern held up to the light looking like a pattern of stars, for example. The writing is okay (more sentence fragments than necessary) and the plot so far is predictable beyond the basic conceit, but I'm not very far into it.
Nancy Connecticut, USA On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Julie Ourom <[email protected]> wrote: > For your reading pleasure, here are some titles of books I've come across > that > have more than a brief mention of lace. Apologies for any titles that have > been mentioned previously... > > - To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
