Dear Friends,

FINALLY I've wound some bobbins and begun some lace. It's been 2 years now
since I've made any bobbin lace.

 

I've chosen a simple Toender edging and later on will be having some maths
questions as I'm planning on gathering this straight edging around a corner.
Something which I've not done before.

 

As I'm off to Belgium and Vietnam on July 2nd I thought I'd get out a travel
pillow I've had for many years and never used. I know it was made for me by
Maeve who moved to Florida. I think her surname became BROWN while she was
on Arachne. Does anyone know what became of Maeve?? I do know she played
bagpipes!

 

In the meantime I'm struggling a bit with this pillow. It looks delightful
but the central barrel shaped part keeps rising up out of its slots because
of the weight of the bobbins. I'm only using some 36 pairs.

Will keep you all posted

David Downunder in Ballarat, AUS

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to