Amy
I have several resources set up which should be helpful. First I recommend
Santina Levey's LACE. She has worked out a way to date lace by using sample
books for woven brocades. If a lace is similar in style, with similar
motifs, then the date of the lace may match the brocade's date. She does not
use guesswork, but evidence, to assign dates. Here is a list of links.
http://laceioli.ning.com/group/identification-history  It has a huge list of
resources. Laceioli is free to join, but you have to join before you can
post comments or questions.

This page is very basic. http://lynxlace.com/kindsoflace.html 

I have a large number of pinterest pages, with laces sorted by their
structural type and style, and date (in some cases). I think you have to
have a pinterest account, or you may not be able to see my boards. If you
don't have an account I recommend that you create one, because my pinterest
boards are a vast resource.
https://www.pinterest.com/lynxlacelady/boards/ 

This page has explanations about the structural differences (working methods
and thread paths) that define specific styles of lace.

I realize this list may be overwhelming. But if you seriously look at it,
over a sufficient length of time, you will be able to identify laces.
Lorelei Halley            lynxlace.com
http://laceioli.ning.com

Hi all,  I'm newer to the lace world, and am very interested in reading
about its history. I'm also interested in learning how to visually identify
the different types of lace and the time periods they came from. Is there a
"master list" of lace books floating around somewhere that I could access?
Amy

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to