Thankyou Louise for the info and link to this interesting series of programmes
about Venetian culture
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08r30n6
I listened engrossed to the programme and then went back to listen to the
previous four episodes.
Not making lace as such whilst listening, but knitting inspired by knitted
lace. The cover picture of the May/June issue of Piecework magazine -the Lace
Issue- shows wonderful pink mittens knitted in an Estonian lace stitch, lilly
of the valley.
My granddaughter loved the picture and 'Please knit them for me' soon followed.
I am very happy to knit for my grands, especially if particularly asked,
however she is only five so I thought more discussion was needed. As expected
what really appealed was firstly that they were very long, above elbow length,
and also that they were pink. The lace didnt seem to be important. So I have
nearly finished a simple pair of long mittens in pretty variegated wool as I
wont completely give in to her wish for everything to be pink.
Her mum did love the lace though so they may be made yet.
Phil in Maitland NSW Australia
- where the sun is warm, magnolias are blooming and birds are showing
mating behaviours even though it is midwinter.
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/