[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-22393?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16273985#comment-16273985
]
Saisai Shao commented on SPARK-22393:
-------------------------------------
Shall we wait for this before 2.2.1 is out?
> spark-shell can't find imported types in class constructors, extends clause
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: SPARK-22393
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-22393
> Project: Spark
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: Spark Shell
> Affects Versions: 2.0.2, 2.1.2, 2.2.0
> Reporter: Ryan Williams
> Priority: Minor
>
> {code}
> $ spark-shell
> …
> scala> import org.apache.spark.Partition
> import org.apache.spark.Partition
> scala> class P(p: Partition)
> <console>:11: error: not found: type Partition
> class P(p: Partition)
> ^
> scala> class P(val index: Int) extends Partition
> <console>:11: error: not found: type Partition
> class P(val index: Int) extends Partition
> ^
> {code}
> Any class that I {{import}} gives "not found: type ___" when used as a
> parameter to a class, or in an extends clause; this applies to classes I
> import from JARs I provide via {{--jars}} as well as core Spark classes as
> above.
> This worked in 1.6.3 but has been broken since 2.0.0.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]