epugh commented on PR #4803:
URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/4803#issuecomment-6044857926

   Interestingly I was just poiking at the SQL UI in the admin tool, if you 
don't enable the module you get an error when you run a sql query.   I modified 
it to catch the classcast exception "no SQLHandler found" and then show a nice 
message about enabling the module.   I first thought hoguht "hey, can I consult 
which plugins/endpoints are avialable via v2 apis" and was going to see if the 
/sql existed or not.   BUt that API doesn't exist.   SO I went with the 
narrower fix.   
   
   I wonder if we should return 510 instead of a classcast exception if you hit 
/sql and it can't load?   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to