serhiy-bzhezytskyy opened a new pull request, #5019: URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/5019
# Description A single-pass distributed query whose `fl` renames the unique key without requesting it (`fl=aliasId:id&distrib.singlePass=true`) fails with an NPE in `mergeIds`, in `QueryComponent` and in `CombinedQueryComponent`. # Solution In single-pass mode the shards run the original `fl`, so the key comes back under its new name while `mergeIds` looked for the schema name. `QueryComponent.shardResponseKeyName` gives the name to read, and both `mergeIds` implementations use it. `returnFields` already read the renamed key. Written with Claude Code. # Tests `DistributedQueryComponentOptimizationTest.testSinglePassWithRenamedUniqueKey` and `DistributedCombinedQueryComponentTest.testSinglePassWithRenamedUniqueKey` fail on main with the NPE and pass with the change. The test classes of both components, `CombinedQuerySolrCloudTest` and `TestDistributedGrouping` pass; `compileJava` with errorprone and `spotlessCheck` are clean. # Checklist - [x] I have reviewed the guidelines for [How to Contribute](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md) and my code conforms to the standards described there to the best of my ability. - [x] I have created a Jira issue and added the issue ID to my pull request title. - [x] I have given Solr maintainers [access](https://help.github.com/en/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork) to contribute to my PR branch. (optional but recommended, not available for branches on forks living under an organisation) - [x] I have developed this patch against the `main` branch. - [ ] I have run `./gradlew check`. - [x] I have added tests for my changes. - [ ] I have added documentation for the [Reference Guide](https://github.com/apache/solr/tree/main/solr/solr-ref-guide) - [ ] I have added a [changelog entry](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/dev-docs/changelog.adoc) for my change -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
