serhiy-bzhezytskyy opened a new pull request, #5006:
URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/5006

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18494
   
   # Description
   
   Command blocks in the Ref Guide use several styles: of 624 blocks holding a 
`curl` or `bin/solr` command on main, 473 are `bash`, 123 are `console` and 28 
use `text`, `plain`, `terminal`, `sh`, `powershell` or no language. The 
authoring guide says only "when in doubt, choose `text`".
   
   # Solution
   
   Adds a "Command Blocks" section to 
`dev-docs/ref-guide/asciidoc-syntax.adoc`: `bash` without a prompt for commands 
only, `console` with `$` when the output is shown too, `text` for output alone, 
`powershell` for the Windows variant. The pages themselves are not touched; 
they can follow once the rule is agreed.
   
   Written with Claude Code.
   
   # Tests
   
   The page renders and the new cross-reference resolves. The example command 
and output are copied from `tutorial-films.adoc`.
   
   # Checklist
   
   - [x] I have reviewed the guidelines for [How to 
Contribute](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md) and my 
code conforms to the standards described there to the best of my ability.
   - [x] I have created a Jira issue and added the issue ID to my pull request 
title.
   - [x] I have given Solr maintainers 
[access](https://help.github.com/en/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork)
 to contribute to my PR branch. (optional but recommended, not available for 
branches on forks living under an organisation)
   - [x] I have developed this patch against the `main` branch.
   - [ ] I have run `./gradlew check`.
   - [ ] I have added tests for my changes.
   - [x] I have added documentation for the [Reference 
Guide](https://github.com/apache/solr/tree/main/solr/solr-ref-guide)
   - [ ] I have added a [changelog 
entry](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/dev-docs/changelog.adoc) for my 
change
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to