devmadhuu commented on code in PR #11223:
URL: https://github.com/apache/ozone/pull/11223#discussion_r4141867686
##########
hadoop-hdds/common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdds/client/BlockID.java:
##########
@@ -103,6 +122,9 @@ public ContainerProtos.DatanodeBlockID
getDatanodeBlockIDProtobuf() {
if (replicaIndex != null) {
blockID.setReplicaIndex(replicaIndex);
}
+ if (storageType != null) {
+ blockID.setStorageTypeID(StorageTypeUtils.getID(storageType));
Review Comment:
Thanks, but I am not sure what you are referring to "`it appears to have
been removed`". `BlockData.CODEC` still serializes through
`BlockData.getProtoBufMessage()` → `BlockID.getDatanodeBlockIDProtobuf()`, so
`storageTypeID` is still persisted in the RocksDB block record. So I am
assuming that we are planning to handle this in a different PR , so that we
keep the field for request-only and update those tests, as I don't see any use
case that requires `GetBlock` after restart to return the persisted block-level
storage type? If `GetBlock` must
expose it, it could be populated from the owning container when building the
response. I have create a separate
[JIRA](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-16652) to track this.
--
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]