[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-40894?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18123388#comment-18123388
 ] 

yongfu.gao commented on FLINK-40894:
------------------------------------

I'd like to pick this up.

I plan to add a {{numUnmatchedBuildRetractions}} counter mirroring 
{{LateralSnapshotJoinOperator}} to the operators that today only log in these 
situations: {{SinkUpsertMaterializer}}, {{SinkUpsertMaterializerV2}}, 
{{KeyedLookupJoinWrapper}} and {{WatermarkCompactingSinkMaterializer}}.

One question before I start: should the counter cover only the 
unmatched-retraction case (as in {{LateralSnapshotJoinOperator}}), or should 
the "state cleared by TTL" case get its own counter too? Today the two are only 
distinguishable by the log message.

> Expose counters for unmatched retractions in SinkUpsertMaterializer and 
> KeyedLookupJoinWrapper
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLINK-40894
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-40894
>             Project: Flink
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Table SQL / Runtime
>            Reporter: Martijn Visser
>            Priority: Minor
>
> Both SinkUpsertMaterializer and KeyedLookupJoinWrapper only log when a 
> retraction finds no matching row or when state was cleared by TTL. Wrong 
> results from non-deterministic updates or a too short TTL are therefore 
> invisible in metrics. LateralSnapshotJoinOperator already exposes 
> {{numUnmatchedBuildRetractions}} for the same situation. We should add the 
> same counter to both operators, the V2 and the watermark compacting 
> materializer included.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to