1fanwang commented on PR #29286:
URL: https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/29286#issuecomment-5943111217

   > I don't think we need to introduce the proposed interface in 
ProcessFunction. It's available in KeyedProcessFunction. Same for 
CoProcessFunction, the on_timer callable is available in KeyedCoProcessFunction.
   
   @dianfu agreed on ProcessFunction, so I dropped it in 
https://github.com/apache/flink/commit/14d1146401c44958ab1f38e75fe2ac2fde96811c.
 I kept the CoProcessFunction default because ConnectedStreams.process accepts 
a plain CoProcessFunction on keyed streams and runs it as a keyed co-process 
operator, which calls on_timer on every timer. Without the default, a job that 
registers a timer fails with "AttributeError: 'Join' object has no attribute 
'on_timer'"; the reproducer is in the description. Would you rather have 
ConnectedStreams.process reject a plain CoProcessFunction on keyed inputs 
instead?
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to