[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-39380?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18119841#comment-18119841
 ] 

Mika Naylor commented on FLINK-39380:
-------------------------------------

Hey [~sepurisaikrishna] - I'm currently working on trying to accurately model 
changelog modes and late data handling, so if you would like to pick this up 
that would be great!

On point 1, I think my initial idea for having the restoreFromSnapshot on the 
builder was so that one could take an existing test and re-initialise it with 
different parameters. In retrospect I don't think this would be all that useful 
(and also feels a little unintuitive). Maybe restoring the test state via 
{{ProcessTableFunctionTestHarness.restoreFromSnapshot}} makes the most sense to 
to support.

On point 2, yeah, I think deep copying of state values would make the most 
sense to avoid unexpected mutation of state, timers after the snapshot was 
taken.

> Add support for test snapshotting/restoration to 
> ProcessTableFunctionTestHarness
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLINK-39380
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-39380
>             Project: Flink
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>            Reporter: Mika Naylor
>            Priority: Major
>




--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to