I know TTF would be usable. I'm not sure which bitmap font types are usable in Linux, but if you know a Linux-compatible bitmap font type that would also be OK.
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ahmed MANSOUR Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 1:53 PM To: General Arabization Discussion Subject: Re: finding a good Arabic font what kind of font are you looking for TTF or bitmap? I think bitmap fixed size font look better at small size. Le lundi 09 juillet 2007 à 08:47 -0500, Boncek, John a écrit : > Hi, > > I am looking for a good-appearing Arabic font or set of fonts for an > embedded application. Memory is tight, so a reasonably small size is > important, preferably under one megabyte. Screen space is also > limited, so a font that appears at less than 20 pixels or so total > height while still being legible would be desirable. The application > runs in Linux with GTK and Pango using the Unicode encoding UTF-8. > Can you recommend a suitable font or set of fonts? > > Sincerely, > John Boncek > > _______________________________________________ > General mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general _______________________________________________ General mailing list [email protected] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general _______________________________________________ General mailing list [email protected] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general

