I found out how to beat it. but yep you're right its mainly for learning
how to use items and equipment.
On 10/17/2014 1:33 PM, Zachary Kline wrote:
Josh,
Something to consider.
This map is probably not meant to be balanced. It’s a demonstration of, as
said, items and equipment. You can probably mine it for ideas and so on, but
actually playing it as a game almost certainly wasn’t the intent of the author.
Best,
Zack.
On Oct 17, 2014, at 10:28 AM, Josh Kennedy <[email protected]> wrote:
well I got the ogre down to 14 health and then I was defeated so far on average
I can get it down to 47 or 45 health but I ultimately end up dying.
first I move over one square and take the bow and the scroll of flying. then i
go a few rounds and then attack once or twice with the bow before I move two
spaces right and take the healing potions, the vest which I equip, the sword
and the scroll of fire pillar. Then go 2 or 3 more rounds, hit ogre with the
bow once or twice, then when I know he's getting 3 or 4 squares away I set up
the fire pillar and end my round. and then equip the long sword. end round,
ogre punches, i lose 20 or so health. use one potion, hit once with sword,
round changes, and it goes like that until I run out of potions. during the
last round I strike two times with the sword get the ogre down to maybe 45
health once got him down to 14 and then I end up dying or losing. Even if I
move two spaces the ogre just catches up and moving has no effect. what am I
doing wrong here? I feel I'm missing one critical part of the strategy which is
not falling into place in my head. please give me a hint or help with what I am
doing wrong. I'll paste the log.
log is below
the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Ending turn
Turn changed: The forces of evil
the evil Ogre at 4 2 uses Attack on the good Hero at 4 1
the good Hero loses 16 health
the evil Ogre at 4 2 uses Attack on the good Hero at 4 1
the good Hero loses 16 health
Round: 12
the evil Ogre loses 10 health
Turn changed: The forces of good
the good Hero , Valley 4 1
the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Who will you use Attack on?
the evil Ogre , Valley 4 2 The tile has the following effects, Fire Pillar with
1 rounds remaining
the good Hero uses Attack on the evil Ogre
the evil Ogre loses 19 health
Battle Map
the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Choose an item
Long Bow 1 of 1
Long Bow 1 of 1
Long Bow 1 of 1
Battle Map
the good Hero , Valley 4 1
the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Who will you use Attack on?
the evil Ogre , Valley 4 2 The tile has the following effects, Fire Pillar with
1 rounds remaining
the good Hero uses Attack on the evil Ogre
the evil Ogre loses 22 health
Battle Map
the evil Ogre has 40 of 200 Health and 0 of 2 Actions and 3 of 3 Movement and
has the following skills, Attack, Move
the good Hero , Valley 4 1
the good Hero has 2 of 50 Health and 0 of 2 Actions and 2 of 2 Movement and has
the following skills, Attack, Move, Take item, Give item, Drop item, Use item,
Equipment
Moved to 5 1
Moved to 6 1
Ending turn
Turn changed: The forces of evil
the evil Ogre moves from 4 2 to 6 2
the evil Ogre at 6 2 uses Attack on the good Hero at 6 1
the good Hero loses 2 health
the good Hero has been defeated
Round: 13
You have been defeated!
go to map selection menu
return to main menu
go to map selection menu
return to main menu
main menu
play a map campaign
exit game
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].