Thanks, Cara. I’ll try your method. Is timing a factor? Basically, I’m just not getting consistent feedback on what I’m doing right or wrong. one minute I parry four times and then nothing for twenty tries, and I have no idea what I’m doing differently. I’m pushing buttos that correspodd to the direction of the sword strike. I hear the demon grunt, which tells me that I’m doing well. Other times I hear the sound and flesh being struck, and other times it’s a complete miss. Anyhow, I'll definitely give your method a try.
Teresa "We're made of star stuff."--Carl Sagan On Dec 13, 2013, at 4:32 PM, Cara Quinn <[email protected]> wrote: > HI Teresa, > > Can you detail what is giving you the trouble? I've solved this one, but it > is annoying to be sure. > > I can tell you what I did if you wish. > > If not, then stop reading now. :) > > Smiles, > > Cara :) > > S > O > R > T > > O > F > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > S > P > A > C > E > > • The buttons are arranged in an upside down T formation with the bottom left > button parrying left, the bottom right button parrying right, and the top > middle button parrying forward. > > • With VO turned off, I placed my left thumb near the left button and had my > right thumb (or forefinger, I can't remember which) ready to tap either the > right or top middle button. > > this way I was able to have all three buttons readily accessible right when I > needed them. > > • the action gets really fast so from here you just need to listen to which > way the sword strikes are coming from. > > Hope this helps!… > > Smiles, > > Cara :) > --- > iOS design and development - LookTel.com > --- > View my Online Portfolio at: > > http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn > > Follow me on Twitter! > > https://twitter.com/ModelCara > > On Dec 13, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Teresa Cochran <[email protected]> > wrote: > > Hi, all, > > This chapter has been nagging at me for years. I can play every other level, > but parrying in this sword fight is a mystery to me. Has anyone else figured > out how to solve it? I get the same results whether VO is on or off. I know > I’m pressing the right buttons. Sometimes with VO on, I don’t even have to > double tap the button. I’m suspecting it could be a timing issue, which would > make it darned realistic. I’d love to hear from anyone else who’s solved it. > > Thanks, > Teresa > > On the other hand, there are different fingers. > > > --- > Gamers mailing list __ [email protected] > If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected]. > You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at > http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. > All messages are archived and can be searched and read at > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]. > If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list, > please send E-mail to [email protected]. > > > --- > Gamers mailing list __ [email protected] > If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected]. > You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at > http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. > All messages are archived and can be searched and read at > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]. > If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list, > please send E-mail to [email protected]. --- Gamers mailing list __ [email protected] If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected]. You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. All messages are archived and can be searched and read at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list, please send E-mail to [email protected].
