https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=298348

Jamie Landeg-Jones <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]

--- Comment #2 from Jamie Landeg-Jones <[email protected]> ---
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I agree, your description is much clearer!

Ultimately, I reported this because it bit me - I was using a reset rule
assuming it would do the expected thing with an Ipv6 connection, but it was
much later on I noticed that this setup was causing the icmp6 unreachable to be
sent to the client, which is this case was suspicious. I want the port to
appear simply as if nothing was listening, rather than the client knowing
they'd been blocked!

"reset6" (which I didn't previously realise existed) did the job, but because
"reset" didn't specifically mention Ipv4 only, that's what originally threw me.

So I think that anything that clarifies this is a win, but yes, your phrasing
is better still.

Cheers, Jamie

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to