On 12/11/2013 1:18 PM, LizR wrote:
ISTM that "Yes Doctor" sums up comp. If a digital brain made below my substitution level
/can/ substitute for my organic one, then I literally have a 50% chance of waking up as
the digital version.
However if the Subst Level is quantum, no cloning stops it being actually
possible.
But I don't think "substitution level" is sharply defined. You brain must be mostly
classical (otherwise it would be evolutionarily useless) and so one might well say "yes"
to the doctor, while realizing that the immediate state of your brain at the micro-level
would not be duplicated. But this would be no worse than losing the state under
anesthetic - which I hope the doctor was going to use anyway.
Brent
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.