On 9/28/26 17:06, Nicklas SB Karlsson wrote:
mån 2026-09-28 klockan 13:28 -0700 skrev Peter Wallace:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2026, Chris Albertson wrote:

Realistically, no one is going to redesign LCNC to use target times.  It
would be too large of an effort relative to the size of the project.
Why would you? since it would result in the controller losing the ability to
react in real time to external inputs.
If control loop is run on device ability for Linuxcnc to react very fast in 
real time is less important.

There is however drawbacks. Running a control loop in Linuxcnc then it 
certainly make a difference. Components
for feedback for example calculate rotational speed from angle then it may also 
make a difference. Probe then it
may also make a difference on speed at least if contact is sensed by Linuxcnc.

If ordinary computer with Linuxcnc is able to send reliable at high enough 
frequency this is without doubt
simplest and best solution. Think I have reached that goal now without to many 
hours spent on it.


Nicklas Karlsson

Based on what I have been able to do while still running on debian 10 with self built LinuxCNC, I cannot argue to spend the time on a fresh start.  The only downside of using an r pi4 is don't run firefox at the same time as LinuxCNC, firefox is an IRQ pig.  W/o it, latencytest gets < 12us over a 24hr period.  I wrapped the pawn code in a loop, carving air to make pawns & let it run a couple days.   No faults of any kind.  That's good enough for me.  My machines do *exactly* what I tell them to do, sometimes at 20x the OEM speed if I have replaced weak motors with high voltage closed loop stepper/servo's.  They are made by hanpose, only available thru aliexpress, the only caveat being they need 150 ohms in series with the step & dir signals to protect the 15ma max ratings of the 6N137 opto's used in those two driver inputs.

So I've said my piece.  Those motors are magic.

Cheers all, Gene.



_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to