Don:

Problem goes away when I reduce to 20W, the maximum for my dummy load.
I just put ferrites on mouse wires, keyboard wires, and sound wires and nothing changed.  I guess I could add more, but ... . Maybe my best solution is to go to wireless mouse and keyboard.  I intentionally used wired because my cybersecurity son is against wireless... .

Still doesn't explain the funny noise from the KXP100, does it?

david KC1DNY

On 8/27/2020 1:20 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
David,

As someone else suggested, it sounds a lot like RF feedback on 17m.
Try operating into a dummy load to see if the same thing happens - if not, get out the ferrites.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 8/27/2020 12:41 PM, David Haines wrote:

Here are more details:

All seems to be working fine on 160m-10m except for 17m, so KX3 VFO is at 18.100 for the rest of this discussion.

Without WSJT-X running, ATU finds a 1.1 match and TUNE button on KX3 works as expected.

With WSJT-X running, using the WSJT-X TUNE button causes the following:

1.  KXPA100 power LED's light from left to right _twice_, in synchronization with a musical ringing that rises in frequency, then settle down quietly to about 100W.

2.  Around the same time Windows reports "USB device not recognized" and the mouse cursor disappears.   At this point different things can happen:  Maybe the cursor comes back and I can stop the TUNE at WSJT-X.  Maybe it doesn't and I have to shut off the KX3 with XMIT button.  Sometimes the PC freezes and needs a hard reset.




______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[email protected]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [email protected] 

Reply via email to