I agree with L. A sincere apology is in order here.
From: L Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:11 AM To: [email protected] Subject: [EDI-L] Re: GIS and SI I was shocked, and I mean SHOCKED, when I read Mr. Mattias' comment. Usually I really enjoy reading my EDI-L digests, but when I got to his post, I was stunned. I had to re-read it twice because I couldn't believe my eyes. I still can't figure out if he was trying to be funny, or if he meant to insult and offend Ms. Halpin. Whatever his intention, he has succeeded in offending everyone on this forum. I read it last night and am still so bothered by it that I felt compelled to write this post, and I am typically not one to chime in. I'm sorry to say that at this point, my respect for him is greatly diminished, which is unfortunate because normally he offers insightful commentary and good advice on EDI topics. Mr. Mattias, you owe Ms. Halpin an apology. Not a "sorry if you were offended" apology, but a real "I admit I was wrong" apology. Please, let's keep this forum clean and focused on EDI topics. The Friday humor is fun and I don't mean that we should eliminate that. But this was WAY over the line. --- In mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com, Samantha Scott <mossmuncher@...> wrote: > > Sorry > > One might claim "stupid" and "misunderstood" if he hadn't called out a fellow > member by name and gender to use for his example. There is no excuse for him > > On Aug 23, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Emmanuel Hadzipetros wrote: > > > > > Words don't fail me but I will restrain myself except to point out that > > while I am far from being a prude, this is pretty sexist and not very funny. > > > > From: Paul McTeigue > > Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:50 PM > > To: 'EDI-L' > > Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Re: GIS and SI > > > > Words fail me. > > > > From: mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com > > [mailto:mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Mattias/LS > > Sent: August-23-12 5:44 PM > > To: EDI-L > > Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Re: GIS and SI > > > > >What I need is a BS meter, my worst mistake was hiring a very personable > > >and well spoken person with a stellar resume who turned > > >out >to be the jerk who never actually did any work and when he did, > > >messed it up so badly it took three people to figure out how > > >to undo it. > > > > What we need is to go back to the old days and the simple tests. > > > > e.g when we were looking for a secretary or file clerk, only females needed > > to apply (yes, we had "men's jobs" and "women's jobs" > > then.) > > > > Screening for women's jobs was easy with the "elbow test." > > > > You can take that yourself if you like, Mrs. Halpin: > > > > 1. Lock your hands behind your head. > > 2. Point your elbows forward. > > 3. Walk toward the wall until you make contact. . > > > > If it's your elbows which made the contact, "I'm sorry but I don't think > > you are qualified for this position." > > > > MCM > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
