When we went from GIS to SI I hardly noticed the difference, operationally.  
All my old stuff worked.  Adapters get improved and deprecated as one would 
expect.  Its always good to know which ones you are using and read the update 
notes carefully.  I have been updating all the xpath to the more specific 
reference as preferred by SI:  string(/ProcessData/ParticularNode) rather than 
//ParticularNode/text() but the old way continues to work in the meantime.  

My biggest piece of advice is never upgrade...always do a fresh install on a 
new server instance, migrate all your prod to it (test extensively) and then 
make it prod when you take down  the old instance and copy prod for your new 
test environment.  With the latest versions of SI as administered by IBM that 
is your only option now anyway.  Good choice...upgrades were twice the work and 
3 times the hassle going forward.

On Aug 17, 2012, at 4:29 PM, tbergmann1 wrote:

> Hello folks. I would like to pick your brains regarding Sterling's GIS and 
> Sterling Integrator. Essentially what I would like to know is if someone is 
> very knowledgeable about GIS but has never used SI, how big of a learning 
> curve would you think there would be? Based on what I know about both (which, 
> admittedly is little), I would suspect it's not too big a learning curve, but 
> I'd rather hear from someone who has used both. 
> 
> Thanks for all your help and happy Friday!
> 
> 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to