2/14/12 >>I have been tasked with creating a small application to capture medical >>billing information and store that in a database and... >> send it to a clearing house for insurance billing.
>I think his "clearing house for insurance billing" is a third party >adjudicator. And he wants to know how to do EDI >without an translator or knowledge investment. I'm not so sure I'd go as far as "do EDI" - whatever that means - but "getting my claims submitted and paid without making a direct investment in EDI technology or expertise" is certainly a reasonable goal. However... >...I have hard coded it to send 837 to ... ... this almost sounds like there is no clear division of EDI and application data responsibility, with some kind of 'overlap.' I've always been leery of solutions which don't use technology/expertise to their maximum capabilities . that is, let the applications experts get the applications data, and let the EDI experts worry about putting it into an acceptable format. "Overlapping" I think is just asking for trouble. Michael C. Mattias Tal Systems Inc. Racine WI [email protected] ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
