Steve,

I am on TLE 6.1.1 . No need for me to upgrade since I don't need any new 
special features.

I am actually reluctant to upgrade until I know what's going on with the future 
of TLE. I got burned once with a lengthy upgrade (Harbinger) only to find out 
they were bought by Inovis and the old Harbinger translator will not be 
supported.

I don't think that current TLE customers will leave GXS if GXS decides to drop 
support for TLE. 

It totally depends on what GXS will offer as an alternative. I  did not flee 
from Inovis when they dropped support for Harbinger because TLE was much better 
product and I got a good deal on the migration.

At least, let me put it this way, also as an advise to GXS: if GXS announce 
that they drop support for the GXS translator and keep TLE as their only 
translator, then I will commit to stay with them.

Ron

--- In [email protected], "Moses, Steve" <steven.p.moses@...> wrote:
>
> We went through this upgrade process...   we are currently on 6.2.0.6  
> (newest is 6.2.0.7/just released)
> There are quite a few changes notably to the client side database software
> 
> As to the future of TLE, it would be difficult for GXS to 'migrate' Inovis 
> products to their products.  They run the risk of losing a lot of customers 
> since I believe most would go ahead and jump to a more respected company with 
> better support and product line.
> 
> Let me know if you need any help...
> 
> Steve Moses
> Systems Analyst
> Iomega Corporation (EMC)
> (303) 681-2593
> moses@...
> 
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
> karnaf62
> Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 1:52 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [EDI-L] Re: TLE Migration from 6.1 to 6.2 - input? <NOT JOBS>
> 
> 
> 
> Hold on! Inovis and their TLE products were bought by GXS in 2009.
> 
> I would not upgrade unless I know what's the future of TLE at the hands of 
> GXS.
> 
> The GXS webpage about this merger and future plans, of course, does not give 
> any useful informaiton.
> 
> Does anyone have CURRENT information as for GXS plans in regards to the 
> Inovis TLE product? I can't believe that GXS will continue for ever to 
> promote their EDI translator (AI) and also the TLE translator.
> 
> Ron
> 
> --- In [email protected]<mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com>, Leah Halpin 
> <leahhalpin@<mailto:leahhalpin@>> wrote:
> >
> > Donna,
> > Read the release notes carefully, making note of anything relating to JDE.  
> > I've never used it, either, but when things change with SAP connector, 
> > they're usually (although not always) mentioned in the release notes.
> >
> > You don't mention which release you're upgrading from.  If you didn't know 
> > it already, one of the "enhancements" is to delete your input file (well, 
> > not really delete it, just it's contents, leaving you with the same file, 
> > just empty - zero bytes) when doing a manual translation.  You can change 
> > this via the config tool.
> >
> > Not sure what db you're using, but you might consider uninstalling what 
> > you've got (depending on how many steps you have to get to 6.2) and doing a 
> > fresh install (first backing up your db and your $EDIH of course).
> >
> >
> > You might also get some good advice if you post this to the TLE User group 
> > email list.
> >
> > Send Tleug-l mailing list submissions to
> >     tleug-l@
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> >     http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/tleug-l
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> >     tleug-l-request@
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> >     tleug-l-owner@
> >
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Leah
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: Samantha Scott <mossmuncher@<mailto:mossmuncher@>>
> > To: Donna Bell <dhsbell@<mailto:dhsbell@>>
> > Cc: [email protected]<mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:55 PM
> > Subject: Re: [EDI-L] TLE Migration from 6.1 to 6.2 - input? <NOT JOBS>
> >
> > I don't use TLE or JDE but I can tell you what I do when we upgrade 
> > software for test protocol.  I load up the test server with the new 
> > software and its feeding on the backend to our test ERP.  Then I run 
> > parallel data and do compares to actual production results.  I run a day's 
> > data inbound and outbound in a single shot, a week's over the course of a 
> > day and a good month plus random stuff from further back by the time my 10 
> > day parallel period is up.  There are very few surprises left after that.  
> > Don't skip that random data step.  You might be surprised what you discover 
> > when you do something supposedly random.
> >
> > Michael wouldn't of course, because he's "seasoned"
> >
> > On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Donna Bell wrote:
> >
> > > We're migrating to the highest stable version of TLE - which, according
> > > to GXS/Inovis is 6.2, and I'm putting together a protocol to test the
> > > new version and would appreciate some input.
> > >
> > > We're also on the Windows2000/JDE-PeopleSoft platform - and the last
> > > patch changed settings in the outbound applications (layout placement
> > > and checkboxes went checked/unchecked). We'd like to avoid that
> > > exercise or know it's coming, if at all possible.
> > >
> > > Looking for other installs who have already done this migration and
> > > willing to share tips, tricks and pitfalls - if you encountered any.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------------------------
> > > Donna Hutt Stapfer Bell
> > > EDI Analyst
> > > Powell Company
> > > dhsbell@
> > > (310) 204-2224
> > > (310) 204-2285 (fax)
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > ...
> > Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: 
> > <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
> >
> > Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> 
> > IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>




------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to