Quoted text is from <[email protected]>, by 
Rich Silva <[email protected]>

>·         Is an AS2 connection basically “always connected”? (That 
>is, “I”
>just drop files into an “Out Box” and they magically get sent 
>across the connection… And I just look in the “In Box” for the 
>existence of files to know that something has come the other way?
>
>·         Or is there some mechanism that needs to be set up on one 
>side or
>the other (or both) that is managing the file movement?
>
It should be 'always on', since your AS2 software has to be always ready 
to receive MDN's even if you are only using it to send files.


>·         If I have “my AS2 Cert”, can I use that same cert to 
>exchange with
>more than one Partner? Or do I need a specific Cert for each?
>

You only need a single certificate which identifies your site. With any 
trading partner you need to exchange certificates by some secure route 
i.e. they send you theirs and you send them yours. This allows both 
partners to be sure that they are communicating with whom they think 
they are.

I have no knowledge of Nubridges. I am sure that someone on the list 
with more specific knowledge will respond.

Regards
Chris

-- 
Chris Johnson  mobile:+44 (0)7785 302122 Fax: +44 (0)870 0519 818
EDI website    http://www.edimatrix.co.uk
EDIMatrix Ltd  work: 0845 126 0680 or +44 20 8778 1402
Registered in UK no. 2777624 Reg.Office: 34 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5QF


------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to